I have no idea if I’ll ever be able to get this to anyone, but the universe is strange, and so, I have hope. To put it simply, the galaxy is a mess. Some species known as the Artaxians has conquered it, then disappeared. During their reign, they sealed away the planets of those who opposed them, and took away whatever was most precious from them. Seemingly, everyone on Earth is dead.
I’ve hooked up with a motley crew of aliens who are, theoretically, trying to save the galaxy. To that end, we’re pursuing some Kreanne captain, an alien species made of gas. He’s looking for the Voice. Along the path, we reached some moon known as the Silent Planet. The entire surface was covered in dust. Dust, that was actually consumptive nanites that moved against any source of sound. To survive, I lit the moon on fire; something I’ll have to atone for later. Underneath all that sand was some sort of satellite picking up all the psychic thoughts in the universe (yeah, psychics are real). We managed to download the most important information from it. The moon itself was covered in strange sigils. They weren’t Artaxian, possibly, they were of the ftl monsters my crew encountered before (also called Cthullu in this document). Additionally, it seems that the dust came out of lower chambers in the moon, consuming as they went. We saw evidence of two eruptions of dust. The dust looked like it was slowly consuming the moon.
Additionally, two of my compatriots were able to use this dish to pick up further creatures. The shapeshifting Slyrain was able to talk to something called “The Voice.” It’s some sort of ur-mind/goddess thing for the cloud people. We learned that it was put in darkness to hide it from the evil, but then, something happened. It’s now lost, somewhere. Jimmy, a psychic singer, managed to talk to some some Cthullu beings that wanted to expand his consciousness to include all suffering.
Speculation on other things:
- Some sort of race that has a hard on for dominating the other races of the world and trapping them behind terrible walls. Notably, they attempt to take whatever is most precious from any particular race. It reminds me of rich expedition leaders of Europe colonizing the world. They disappeared for some reason. When ships were moving toward the edge of the galaxy they seem to have been shot by them.
- Possibly waiting in the black beyond the galaxy. If so, what are they using as fuel?
Enjoying manipulating others for their effects. Alters cultures as necessary.
Finds what’s the most important to a culture before taking it away. Is this related to the usurpation of cultural identity?
- No one has seen them; only their advanced ships.
- Possibly at war with psychic Cthullu monsters. Notably, they wanted a sphere moved to the edge of the galaxy (where the Artaxians might be) at sub-FTL speed. When my compatriots moved the orb to FTL speed, small creatures that were harrying it at our speed, became massive cthullu creatures.
2) FTL Beings:
- Didn’t acknowledge Jimmy as a being and were just torturing him until they discovered that he was psionic in nature.
- Highly psionic, and much more powerful in FTL
- The satellite only began picking psionic thoughts from Earth when they started using Eth energy.
- Ruins on Earth’s Moon were built by “Ancient Ones.” It’s possible these FTL Beings were the ones who built the ruins. Was it a trap?
3) The Voice:
- Psychic goddess being of Kreanne
- Kreanne disguised it, to help it escape the Artaxians. However, this didn’t work. It’s currently in the “darkness”
- Captain that we’re following talked to it.